Food & Beverage Services
Male Student Eating noodles
Happy Laughing Students

Beverage Services


COVID-19 Updated Terms of Service:
Effective July 2020, the City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 545, Licensing, was amended to reduce the risk of COVID-19 at establishments serving food and drink. Section 545.8.1 states that all customers must be seated at all times in an indoor or outdoor premises where food and alcohol is being served except when a customer is exiting the area, traveling to and from the premises’ washroom or paying.

All customers wishing to book with Campus Beverage Services must provide an approved Event Assessment Tool prior to booking.



Campus Beverage Services, (CBS), was established to uphold the University of Toronto alcohol policy and the Liquor license Act of Ontario. Campus Beverage Services strives to deliver alcohol events on campus that promote the highest standard of service to ensure the safety of anyone using the Universities’ liquor license. As the campus is a blanket license, all alcohol consumed on campus must be purchased through CBS except for events being held in the Faculty Club, GSU pub, Hart House or any of the federated Universities or colleges which have their own liquor licenses. The only spaces not under the liquor license on University property are the student residences, which are private space and have their own alcohol guidelines. Absolutely no donated alcohol is allowed on the University campus nor are deliveries of alcohol to University buildings, offices or cafeterias.

The license holder is appointed by the University to ensure all events are approved based on their merits, are done within the parameters set above, and that the liquor license is used for events of importance to the University and its’ faculties, divisions and student groups as a whole. They also ensure that policies and protocols are in place so at no time does the University of Toronto allow the licensing of any event, which encourages the consumption of alcohol or could lead to the consumption of alcohol by minors.

For that reason, the University of Toronto does not license its spaces for any private social events such as weddings, wakes, or birthday parties etc. Venues on campus including Hart House, Knox College and the Faculty Club are all available to handle events of this nature.

If you have any questions regarding liquor licensing at The University of Toronto please feel free to contact Campus Beverage Services at 416-978-6415 or by email at They will be happy to answer any queries you may have.

Telephone number: (416) 978-6415

Email: @

Mailing Address:
Beverage Services
252 Bloor Street W., Concourse Level, Rm. 157
Toronto, Ontario, M5S-1V6

Fax: (416) 971 – 3181 

Students at the event
Fun Facts

15oo students came out to the first Food Truck Eats event on a cold January day.

[Read More]

News + Updates Food & Beverage RSS News Feed